Rip Curl Search Connect doesn't detect your SearchGPS watch
If your Rip Curl Search connect doesn't detect your watch, follow the below troubleshoot instructions.
Rip Curl Search Connect is designed to transfer surf data from your SearchGPS watch to the Search website.
If Rip Curl Search Connect either does not open when your watch is connected, or asks you to plug in your watch when it's already plugged in, please try the following:
1. Make sure you have downloaded and installed the latest version of Rip Curl Search Connect from the Search website.
****Latest Mac OS "El Capitan" has stopped v1.0.0 of our desktop App Syncing with the SearchGPS watch.
Please delete this version and download our latest Computer Syncing App v1.1.***
2. Check your system requirements here.
3. If Rip Curl Search Desktop App still doesn't automatically launch, try opening Rip Curl Search Connect manually (via Programs on a PC or Applications on a Mac) Make sure your watch is correctly connected into the USB port and try connecting the watch to a different USB port.
4. Remove your SearchGPS watch, restart your computer, and try plugging in your SearchGPS watch again.
5. Uninstall and reinstall Rip Curl Search Connect
>To uninstall on a Mac, go to the Applications folder and drag the Rip Curl Search Connect icon to the Trash bin.
>For PC, click the Start menu, then select Control Panel. Choose Programs and select Rip Curl Search Connect. Click Uninstall.
6. Once you've downloaded and reinstalled Rip Curl Search Connect try plugging in your SearchGPS watch again.
Please contact us if Rip Curl Search Desktop App still doesn't open when you connect your SearchGPS watch.